Fascinating Folktales of Punjab has been serving the need to place high quality Punjabi literature in the hands of children of the Diaspora since 2013. More than 5000 children have fallen in love with Punjabi literacy via these books.
But the fact remains that we are losing the love of Punjabi in our own homeland. My recent work in Punjab showed that this project is much needed in Punjab, as the language is slowly dying in its place of origin.
There is a need to carry the success of Punjabi literacy via Fascinating Folktales of Punjab to our homeland. But not just East Punjab, but also, the West Punjab, where Punjabi is dying at even a faster rate.
Recent coverage of my work in ‘The Sunday News’ of Pakistan nationwide, (attached) and the response from the western Punjab made me solidify the idea of the ‘Sanjha Punjab Edition’ of the Fascinating Folktales of Punjab in both the scripts, used in East and West Punjab, Gurmukhi and Shahmukhi.
This edition will combine first 5 books into one fullcolor illustrated, hardcover book 8.5” by 11”, 100 pages in size with Gurmukhi, Shahmukhi, and English on each page.
Please support and help in...
- Creating first ever bi-scripted, bilingual literature of such quality keeping the folk stories of Punjab alive
- Creating a bridge between East and West Punjab through our common heritage and inspiring cross script learning
- Kindling a light for the love of Punjabi language in our future generations which is the only hope of keeping it alive
Project Break down for Undivided Punjab Edition:
- USD 15,000 - Graphic Design, Printing
- USD 3000 - Shipping from Plant, Clearance, Stocking
- USD 2000 - Marketing, Distribution, Operations