- Donor List
Established in 2014, Kaur Life is the premier Sikh women’s publication, infused with gurmat and tailored for young Kaurs. Kaur Life strives to be a space where Kaurs can express their ideas, share stories, and learn more about their Sikh culture to empower themselves.
Kaur Life is primarily user-run, meaning that the public and Kaur Life readers submit content to be published on the website. Whether it’s art, poetry, music, journal entries, articles or photography, Kaur Life wants to feature it.
Kaur Life's Mission
- to provide Kaurs (Sikh Women) with resources to guide them on their Sikh journey
- to capture and document narratives, experiences, and histories of Sikh women
- to feature examples of high-achieving Kaurs to inspire other Kaurs
- to develop thought-provoking articles that facilitate discussion on Kaur-issues
- to create a community of belonging and friendship of Kaurs that facilitates growth and partnership
Kaur Life's Vision
To have a world where:
- Kaurs are empowered with self-confidence and the spirit of Sikhi to embrace challenges and pursue their dreams
- Kaurs are supported and celebrated in every aspect of life
- Kaurs are steadfast and solid in their identity as Sikh women
- Kaurs have the opportunity to live up to their full potential
Humbling Words of Support
- "Fabulous- where have you been all my life????" K. P.
- "I appreciate your page and the way you showcase and uplift Sikh women," O.D.
- "Such a valuable resource for young girls. I’m so glad you are doing this."
- "This website has helped me so much; you guys have been a mentor for me. Thank you."
- "I have been following Kaur Life for a very long time and it helps alot. Makes me feel like i'm not alone. It inspires me and motivates me," A. M.
- "I really enjoy my time reading and reflecting on all of the articles. Thank you for creating this space for all of us Sikh women who are too often pushed to the sides and bringing our issues to the center," A. Kaur.
- "This website has helped me navigate so many questions and contradictions of life, and exposed me to the most incredible Sikh womxn and the revolutionary work they are doing. Kaur Life has also been an immense resource in tracing and understanding the Sikh roots of my visions of activism, of collectivism and solidarity work, and for that I will be forever grateful," G. Kaur.
No updates to display at this time. Please check again soon!
|J. N.||$20.00||August 2020|
|Jagbir Kaur||$200.00||August 2020|
|raveena rihal||$100.00||August 2020|
|Seema Kakar||$100.00||July 2020|
|H. K.||$50.00||July 2020|
|Gurjot Toor||$20.00||July 2020|
|Amrit Kaur||$100.00||July 2020|
|Kirpa Kaur||$50.00||July 2020|
|Manpreet Kaur||$20.00||July 2020|
|Satprit Kaur||$50.00||July 2020|
|Preetpal Brar||$40.00||July 2020|
|Amanpreet Singh||$50.00||July 2020|
|Bhupy Kaur Malik||$200.00||July 2020|
|Jasvir Singh||$50.00||July 2020|
|I. S.||$100.00||July 2020|
|Balmeet Singh||$20.00||July 2020|
|Harjot Kaur||$30.00||July 2020|
|Manpreet Kaur||$50.00||July 2020|
|Amarjot Kaur||$50.00||July 2020|
|Baani Kaur||$10.00||July 2020|
|J. T.||$50.00||July 2020|
|D. J.||$250.00||November 2018|
|M. K.||$250.00||November 2018|
|Mohan Dhariwal||$500.00||November 2018|
|Amrit Kaur||$50.00||November 2018|